The hands are the primary connection to the outside world. Nearly every daily task requires the use of your hands. This makes hands, wrists and fingers more likely to become injured. Our team has the skills and experience to address a number of different injuries, trauma and hand health concerns for men and women.
Contact us online today to learn more about your hand care options. The Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery of Central Texas helps men and women from Austin, Round Rock and throughout Texas restore function with supportive treatments and hand surgery.
- Hand/Wrist Fractures – Injuries to the hand and wrist bones and joints are very common in every age group. This is typically due to landing on an outstretched hand after a fall. Prompt, accurate diagnosis and proper treatment are essential for regaining full function after hand and wrist fractures.
- Ligament Injuries – Ligament damage in the wrist after an injury can cause serious function problems down the road. While a partial injury may heal with rest and support, a torn or separated ligament needs surgery to correct.
- Nerve Injuries – Lack of sensation or problems with muscle operation may indicate an injured nerve. Surgical repair of the nerve can improve hand and wrist function again.
- Replantation (Digit) – The surgical reattachment of digits or thumbs requires a high level of skill in order to restore function again after an injury or trauma.
- Tendon Injuries – Tendon injuries cause problems bending or opening the finger joints, depending on whether flexor or extensor tendons were affected. Early treatment increases the chance of full recovery.
- Tennis Elbow (Golfer’s Elbow) – Tennis elbow, also known as golfer’s elbow, is a form of tendon injury caused by repetitive motion. Conservative treatment often relieves the symptoms.
- Wrist Sprains or Dislocations – Wrist sprains are a type of ligament injury, while a dislocation means the bones have been forced out of alignment.
Contact us online today to learn more about your hand care treatment options. The Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery of Central Texas helps men and women from Austin, Round Rock and throughout Texas enjoy a pain-free life again through conservative treatments and/or hand surgery.